I Failed to Meet My Goal Yesterday :(
I failed to meet my goal for the day, yesterday, there were just too many other distractions. I did make great progress, though.
This is my first experience with Y-Seams and there were plenty there to learn and practice on.
After I got the center diamonds and squares all together, there was a bit of a mountain where all of the diamonds met in the very center, so I decided to block it and then my husband and I ran some errands and went out for lunch.
This was my first time blocking a quilt and wow, what a difference it made. When we returned, the piece was dry and flat. The borders are still just laying there, nothing happening with them yet.
By time I got back to working on it last night, it was getting late and I was having a more difficult time getting those Y-seams for the side background pieces to cooperate, so I called it a night.
This morning, I un-stitched one of the side pieces because something was just not lining up right. After re-stitching, it was much better.
Through out the day today, I added the larger corner pieces.
The corner and side pieces were a bit wavy when I finished, and it is getting late again, so I decided to block it again and leave it over night this time.
I still need to trim the edges, add an inner border, add the embroidered borders and corner squares, and then a final outer border.
I guess I bit off more than I could chew when I made the goal of assembling the entire top in just one day. I am anxious to get this finished and on the wall, but I really want to focus on the details that will make a difference in how the quilt looks and lays when it is finished.