Block One, Round Two
After studying my sample stitch out, I stitched a “real” embroidered block for my Go! Be Dazzled quilt.
The thread colors I ended up choosing for this block will set most of the color palate for the rest of the embroidery for this quilt.
I replaced the original too light fabric with one that I found in my stash and I like it much better. The problem is that I only have a small amount, not enough for the whole quilt. So I went to Joann’s today and bought a yard of this to try:
I like it overall, but not sure if it is right, the small design on it reminds me of toe nail clippings.
In addition to being used in the appliques, this will be a pretty prominent fabric in the quilt so I want to be sure that I am happy with it. I will look again over the next few days to see if I find something I like better. If not, this fabric does seem to go well with the block. I love how this block turned out, I am anxious to see it stitch out over the next few weeks.