My January 2012 FNSI Project
Well, it took me a while to get focused on sewing, but I finally decided that I wanted to make something for Valentinte’s day. I had seen something similar online and digitized the embroidery designs myself. I actually started out with the appliqué heart designs and then digitized the smaller hearts and the center flower motif as I went along. I also tried to give it a curvey, rounded edge but it ended up being a bit out of whack, but I really like it anyway. I used a clear sparkley metallic thread for the free motion quilting and I think it looks like sugar sprinkled onto pink frosting. I was truely winging this one as i went along.
I love working on small projects like this to enhance my skills. I may try this one again as a donation quilt for AAQI.
Thanks to Heidi and Bobbi for hosting Friday Night Sew In.